Baptism for Children Under age 7
The following information is for children ages 0-6 years old. Once the child is 7 years of age he/she must go through one full year of Faith Formation classes before receiving the Sacrament of Baptism. For information on registering your child for Faith Formation classes please contact the Faith Formation Office.
Thank you for making the decision in Baptizing your child. We cannot wait to make them official members of the Catholic Church!
The following information is to help guide you through this exciting process:
- Step 1: Make sure you are registered at Saint John Neumann Catholic Church for at least six months
- Step 2: Call or visit the office to sign up to attend a Baptism Preparation Class
- Step 3: Pick up or download a copy of the Baptism Register
- Step 4: Complete Baptism Register and Turn in to Parish Office or Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Minimum ONE MONTH prior to baptism
- Step 5: Attend the Baptism Prep Class
- Step 6: Arrive early the day of your child’s Baptism
Welcome to the Body of Christ!
Information about Classes
Baptism classes are held, in English, on the first Saturday of the month, from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon in Austin Hall. Advance registration is required through the Parish Office at 704.536.6520
Baptism celebration is held, in English, on the Second Sunday of the month, at 2:00 p.m.
Baptism classes are held in Spanish, on the third Friday of the month, from 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. in Austin Hall. Advance registration is required through Glenda Lliguicota in the office. Forms can be emailed to email@example.com. More information regarding Spanish baptisms and Spanish forms available here. *Please find childcare for your children as the classes are for parents and godparents only.*
Baptism celebration is held, in Spanish, on the fourth Saturday of the month at 11:00 a.m. or on the fourth Sunday of the month, at 1:30 p.m.
Please complete the Electronic Form to sign up for an English Baptism Prep Class and English Baptism Celebration.