Interested in Becoming Catholic?
We invite you to our RCIA classes!
RCIA is the process in which adults become full, participating members of the Catholic Church. The Church extends an invitation to all who wish to become members of the Catholic faith.
Those who go through the RCIA process fall under one of the following categories:
- Someone who is of another faith or non-Christian and wishes to convert to Catholicism
- Someone who was baptized in another Christian denomination and wishes to become a member of the Catholic faith
- Someone who was baptized in the Catholic Church, but never received the sacraments of First Holy Communion and Confirmation
- A Catholic who is looking to fully enter into the Catholic Church through the Sacrament of Confirmation.
The Holy Spirit moves the hearts of us all in different ways, and at different times. “The wind blows where it wills, and you can hear the sound it makes, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes; so it is with everyone who is born of the Holy Spirit.”
To better cooperate with the movement of the Holy Spirit working in the lives of his people, St. John Neumann Catholic Church provides Year-Round R.C.I.A. While year-round R.C.I.A. is not by any means new, it is new to this parish. Below are some highlights of how this process works:
Year-Round R.C.I.A. for you means:
* We can welcome a person to begin the process at any time of the year! No more waiting until the next “school year” to begin!
* The un-baptized, and/or baptized but un-catechized enjoy a comprehensive approach to catechesis through prayer, study, reflection, and action.
* The baptized catechized person still benefits from all stages of the R.C.I.A. but the duration in those periods are determined according to their specific needs. No more “one size fits all!”
* We may receive a non-Catholic baptized & catechized candidate for Profession of Faith throughout the year.
* The catechetical meetings occur throughout a full liturgical year – which means, a more flexible schedule and more time to include special parish or community events! Like a merry-go-round, it is continually moving and people enter and exit at different times, according to their journey.
* Fuller integration into the parish community through the R.C.I.A.; by the time one is initiated either by Profession of Faith, or full initiation with baptism, a person is already deeply connected to the parish family.
For more information, please complete the form below and Carolyn our RCIA coordinator will reach out to you as soon as possible.
If you have immediate questions, please feel free to email Carolyn at RCIA@4sjnc.org.